Indice del forum Olimpo Informatico
I Forum di Zeus News
Leggi la newsletter gratuita - Attiva il Menu compatto

FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   Lista utentiLista utenti   GruppiGruppi   RegistratiRegistrati 
 ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

Newsletter RSS Facebook Twitter Contatti Ricerca
Usate Opera - ma attenti alle pizze!
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Windows XP e Reperti Archeologici
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
pincopallino
Dio maturo
Dio maturo

MessaggioInviato: 23 Mar 2004 17:47    Oggetto: Usate Opera - ma attenti alle pizze! Rispondi citando

Se non volte ingrassare! ;)

By DOUG MELLGREN, Associated Press Writer

OSLO, Norway - Opera Software is developing a new Internet browser that allows users to talk to their computer, the company announced Tuesday.

The new browser incorporates IBM's ViaVoice technology, enabling the computer to ask what the user wants and "listen" to the request.

Opera declined to give a launch date.

The browser is at its developmental stage. At a demonstration, a pizza order form was promptly displayed when the tester told the computer, "Order pizza." But the browser misinterpreted an order for "a pizza" as "eight pizzas."

"We feel we are on the verge of moving the Web a little bit," said Christen Krogh, head of Opera's software development.

"Voice is the most natural and effective way we communicate," Krogh said. "In the years to come, it will greatly facilitate how we interact with technology."

The computer learns to recognize its users voice, accent and inflections by having them read a list of words into a microphone.

"Hi. I am your browser. What can I do for you?," asked a laptop with the demonstration versions of the browser. The message can easily be changed to suit users, such as greeting them by name.

The demonstration version, so far only in English, is still far from normal casual conversation. Users have to learn to listen to the computer's question, and then wait for a tiny beep before stating their request, a bit like communicating by pressing the transmit key on a simplex radio.

"I would like a medium pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms and salami," a tester told the machine.

The machine checked off the appropriate boxes on the form, but interpreted "a pizza" as "eight pizzas." Then it asked if the order was correct, and fixed the number when told the order was for one pizza.

"Voice has been seen as the next step for years, but there were always problems," Krogh said.

The browser corresponds to simple commands. For example, say "Get AP" and it would go to The Associated Press Internet page.

By embedding IBM's voice technology into Opera's browser, a user can talk to the computer, which will understand and translate into normal code for the Net, Krogh said. The could open up the Internet to users who had been excluded because, for example, they were physically unable to use a keyboard, he added.

Opera is the third-largest browser on the Web, although it is tiny compared to Internet Explorer and Netscape. It has been gaining ground as the browser of choice for hand-held devices, such as mobile telephones and personal data assistants, because it is known as being fast and needing little memory.

IBM's director of embedded speech, Igor Jablokov, said "the new offering will allow us to interact with the content on the Web in a more natural way, first on PCs and in the near future on devices such as cell phones and PDAs."

Opera plans to first launch an English version of the voice browser for Windows, to be followed by versions for other operating systems, including Linux (news - web sites) and Symbians.

Oslo-based Opera was founded in 1995 by two former developers for the Norwegian telecommunications group Telenor as an offshoot of a company project.

Earlier this month, it was listed on the Oslo stock exchange for the first time, and sold nearly 25 percent of its share base for 243 million kroner (US$35.2 million).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein

Profilo Invia messaggio privato
ioSOLOio
Amministratore
Amministratore

MessaggioInviato: 23 Mar 2004 18:12    Oggetto: Re: Usate Opera - ma attenti alle pizze! Rispondi citando

uhm..sarà pure il futuro....

ma già mi stava discretamente sulle OO l'auto intelligente con la vocina che ti ricorda che "devi allacciare le cinture"..."devi allacciare le cinture" ..."devi allacciare...."

Recentemente ho guidato la X5 della BMW..ok, non parla, ma emette un beep continuo..continuo intendo !!

e ho capitooooooooooooooo! :~

rebelia
Dio maturo
Dio maturo

MessaggioInviato: 23 Mar 2004 18:26    Oggetto: biiiiiiip! Rispondi citando

Quote:
Recentemente ho guidato la X5 della BMW..ok, non parla, ma emette un beep continuo..continuo intendo !!

la mia panda non lo fa :sun

Profilo Invia messaggio privato HomePage
egosumquisum2
Dio minore
Dio minore

MessaggioInviato: 24 Mar 2004 08:55    Oggetto: Re: Usate Opera - ma attenti alle pizze! Rispondi citando

già ai tempi della mia tesi (ho sviluppato un piccolo sistema esperto), si parlava da tempo del riconoscimento vocale, ma di quello vero! cioè il riconoscimento del linguaggio da parte del computer senza che uno specifico utente l'avesse prima addestrato

non mi sembra siano stati fatti grandi passi avanti, e mi sa che ce ne vorrà ancora un bel pò di tempo, anche se il motore di opera sembra più avanzato del semplice riconoscimento dei comandi già presente in winzozz da tempo

ai poster l'ardua etc.

There are 10 kinds of people
Those who understand binaries and those who don't

rebelia
Dio maturo
Dio maturo

MessaggioInviato: 24 Mar 2004 10:23    Oggetto: riconoscimento vocale Rispondi citando

[gnurant mode on]

ma nn esiste gia' qualcosa per l'ausilio dei disabili?

[gnurant mode off]

eppoi c'era anche il riconoscimento della grafia: so che riuscivano abbastanza agevolmente a far funzionare il sw con inglesi e tedeschi, perche' hanno una grafia molto facile da leggere/interpretare, ma qui in italia si erano arenati nelle nostre n e m che sembrano u: com'e' andata a finire?

egosumquisum2
Dio minore
Dio minore

MessaggioInviato: 24 Mar 2004 17:00    Oggetto: Re: riconoscimento vocale Rispondi citando

grafia

ho visto recentemente un pc della hp con la penna ottica

grande delusione, vero che non si scrive con i graffiti, ma è anche vero che non riconosce la scrittura, infatti viene tutto salvato come immagine

(quantomeno è quello che ha confermato la tipa che faceva la demo)

There are 10 kinds of people
Those who understand binaries and those who don't

rebelia
Dio maturo
Dio maturo

MessaggioInviato: 24 Mar 2004 20:55    Oggetto: ... Rispondi

Quote:
viene tutto salvato come immagine

quindi dopo come minimo devi passare tutto al programma di riconoscimento e correggere... bah! eppoi che me ne faccio di una penna, se il motivo per cui uso la tastiera e' proprio quello di evitarla?!? :rollin

Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Windows XP e Reperti Archeologici Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: